This is gonna be a little different today, y’all.
I've been struggling with how to do the last episode of The Consumer Show justice in my usual 4,500-word epics, and I finally gave it up. Because I wrote up the Techstars Demo Day piece, and TCS #20 was all TechStars, and it was also several (amazing) companies I've covered before, and I ran out of the words. (Clearly, since then I didn't say anything for the last two weeks! Yes, Tavani, you may now make fun of me for being very very very late on my recap.)
So instead, here are a few things I'd like to share, either about The Consumer Show, Switchyards, or the presenting companies.
- There have been 100 B2C startups at The Consumer Show since they started. One hundred, y'all! How awesome is that, for a city that's normally all about B2B?
- We had a new photographer, SDC member Marco Hernandez!
- Dave Payne, Blake Byrnes and Michael Tavani were all Techstars mentors, and did a brand track (which really showed up in their slick presentations). Way to practice what you preach, team!
- How can you not applaud for fluffy baby chicks, people? (Farmcrowdy had a great photo but not enough "Awwws." Who are you stone-hearted people?)
- "Time is delicate" is the best tagline ever from 2ULaundry, and I heart it. A lot. Also, I need them to do all of my laundry, like, right now.
- Vlipsy, your passionate, emotive dedication to putting sound into gifs make me giggle, and I love it. "It's not what you say, it's how you say it!" (Also, everyone should include more slides that say, "pause for laughter" because you will get it!)
- TheMonetizr, you have really good math, and I appreciate that you're making the gaming experience better for everyone. I applaud you.
- I clearly am biased toward Bloveit ... and yes, Ugo, please use your lovely late-night DJ velvety voice for all your presentations, the ladies near me really liked it.
- MoQuality, you scared my QA friends, but you also made them really, really happy. Because at heart, they are OCD, and you make life more error-free!
- Landing Lion! You get better each and every time, and I would still like to swap baked goods for stock options, if that is ever a choice.
- The mentors are the real magic at Techstars, and every single presenter mentioned that. Keep it up, Techstars team!
That's a (really weird) wrap for the twentieth Consumer Show at Switchyards; see you there next time? (I swear I'll write more for the next one!)